I`ll not love to see Sachin score 100th ton against us: Riyad
Mirpur: The world might be waiting for Sachin Tendulkar`s 100th international ton but Bangladesh vice-captain Mahmudullah Riyad hoped the batsman does not reach the landmark against his team when they take on India in the Asia Cup here on Friday.
Stating that nothing could be better for Bangladeshi fans than Mashrafe Bin Mortaza claiming the prize scalp of Tendulkar, Riyad said, "We all know Mashrafe bhai has always given us a good start against India and I hope it will happen again. Everybody will try their best in the match against India but definitely the expectations will be high for him.
"India have very strong top order batting, so we have to make sure that we get early breakthroughs as well as keep up the momentum if we want to do anything against them.
"Sachin is a great batsman and everybody is waiting for the rare record but as a Bangladeshi player I will not love to see it happen against us and hope we can send him back early."
Riyad said he was expecting Bangladesh`s previous performances against the defending champions would inspire his team to do well in Friday`s match.
"The wicket was very good for batting in the last two games and hopefully it will be the same in the next match, so we have to put up a good total on the board and the encouraging thing is that we always scored handsome totals whenever we met India.
"We had a talk with Saeed Ajmal (Pakistan spinner) regarding the pitch and what he said was that even his doosra was not effective on this pitch," Riyad told reporters here.
Riyad admitted that Bangladeshi players panicked at the crunch moment, which resulted in their defeat against Pakistan in the inaugural match.
"We must be patient in crunch situations and I believe we can make it a habit if we win some close matches."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert