I`m innocent, never indulged in spot-fixing: Sreesanth
New Delhi: "I am innocent and have done no wrong. I have never indulged in any spot fixing," suspended pacer S Sreesanth, who is an accused in the IPL spot-fixing case, said on Tuesday.
In a statement emailed to the media by his lawyer Rebecca John, the cricketer said "I have never indulged in any spot fixing and I have always played cricket in the spirit of the game".
Sreesanth, who was on Tuesday remanded in further five-day police custody by Metropolitan Magistrate Soumya Chauhan, said "as a cricketer, I have learnt to take knocks along with accolades, in my stride. I recognise that I am going through a tough period in my life.
"I have utmost faith in our judicial process and I am confident that with time I will be proved innocent, and my honour and dignity will be vindicated and restored," the statement said.
Dressed in a blue T-shirt and jeans, Sreesanth was apparently unmindful of the huge crowd of lawyers and mediapersons in the courtroom.
The police on Tuesday also invoked section 409 IPC (criminal breach of trust) against Sreesanth, his Rajasthan Royal teammates Ankeet Chavan and Ajit Chandalia and 12 other accused, including bookies and mediators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister