I saw Tendulkar’s legs shivering while facing Akhtar: Afridi
Karachi: Former Pakistan captain Shahid Afridi has supported retired fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar’s claims that Indian batting maestro Sachin Tendulkar was scared of his pace, saying that he was a witness of “Tendulkar’s legs shivering” in front of the Rawalpindi Express.
In his book, ‘Controversially Yours’, Akhtar wrote that Tendulkar was scared of his bowling, a comment that has caused furore across the border, forcing publishers to cancel all launch-related and publicity events.
When asked about Akhtar’s claims in his book, Afridi showed no hesitation in backing the controversial bowler.
“Shoaib is telling the truth. Tendulkar was afraid of him, and while fielding, I saw Tendulkar’s legs shivering while facing his bowling,” The Express Tribune quoted Afridi, as saying.
However, the all-rounder added that it was not an unusual feature of a batsman.
“There are times when every batsman feels the pressure, it happens against [Pakistani off-spinner] Saeed Ajmal even,” said Afridi.
The former captain, however, was critical of Akhtar’s comments blaming Afridi for his omission from the 2011 ICC World Cup semi-final squad against India.
“Shoaib should remember that I apologised to the chairman and manager on his behalf and got him back into the national squad. While he hasn’t lied about other things, he won’t be able to look at me in the eyes after he’s said all that,” Afridi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Govt wants unions to reconsider their strike plan
- Will expedite trial in Sheena case: Judge
- In process of overturning 'illegal decisions' of AAP Govt: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung
- Huawei smartphones to come pre-loaded with Truecaller
- Cricket in USA, 1st T20I: West Indies eye comeback after demolition in Tests; MS Dhoni & Co seek revenge