I trust umpires in their decisions: Watson
Sydney: India might be seething with anger on the controversial `obstruction` incidents in the cricket tri-series match against Australia on Sunday but the home side opener Shane Watson suggested that the two umpires had taken correct decisions.
The two controversial decisions went against the Indians as the umpires turned down `obstructing the field` appeal against David Hussey and against Brett Lee on the run-out of Sachin Tendulkar.
"Taufel and Bowden are the two best umpires in the world. I have total trust in them. They would have given a lot of thought into what goes into that decision. To be involved in running Sachin out, it would never be ideal to the great man," said Watson who stood in for Michael Clarke, out of the match due to a stiff back.
"I thought he was disappointed with Gambhir for taking that one as probably there was no run in it. He was not happy and kept looking back at Gambhir all the way back," he said at the post-match press-conference after Australia thrashed India
by 87 runs to qualify for the tri-series final.
"I didn`t have time to speak to Hussey. I would do it tonight to know what he thinks about the decision. Hussey wouldn`t do anything wrong, he plays hard but fair," he added.
Watson said that he was surprised by the consistent failure of the much-touted Indian batting line-up throughout the tour of Australia.
"Just to see a few of their guys got out tonight ... the likes of Kohli and Dhonis, it`s just not about scoring but how consistently they do it. Sachin and Sehwag are big guns to miss out consistently. You never really see with this Indian team," Watson said.
"Usually there are one or two of those guys scoring big in majority of games. This is where they are lacking compared to when they are at their best. They are too many amazing and world class legends not to turn it around," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’