I want to bowl well again for my team, says Shahid Afridi
Karachi: Pakistani allrounder Shahid Afridi said it is his bowling form that is worrying him.
Afridi, who played a belligerent 88-run knock off merely 48 balls, has been making useful contribution with the bat in this series as doubts were raised over his future in the side due a slump in his batting form.
"It feels good to be batting well again. My confidence is back but I still want to regain my good form in bowling because to me bowling has always been my strength," he said.
Afridi had earlier scored quick fire 16 ball 34 in the first ODI.
However, he has gone wicketless in the first three ODIs and has struggled with his bowling.
A concerned Afridi said he was working hard with the Pakistan bowling coach, Muhammad Akram to regain his touch. "I want to bowl well again for my team because in the past. My bowling has been a key strength for the team," he said.
The allrounder feels that the new ODI rules which make it mandatory or fielding sides to have five fielders inside the circle all the time has made life difficult for the spinners.
"I am still learning to cope with these new rules which have made it difficult not only for me but also my fellow spinners like Saeed Ajmal and Mohammad Hafeez. We are working on new ways to cope with the new rules because spin is our strength and we are conceding too many runs," Afridi said.
Afridi also said that he was ready to bat at any position depending on the requirement of the team.
"I am always prepared to bat at any position if my captain wants, even at number one or two. I have batted at different positions for Pakistan in the past. What is good for me is that I am now feeling comfortable batting and the confidence is back. I have struggled a lot and it has been a hard journey for me," he said.
Afridi said despite his poor form with the bat he had not given up hope and knew that the bad patch would get over soon.
"Every sportsman and person faces good and bad times and one has to show character and cope with every situation," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video