I want to play for India again: Harbhajan Singh
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Out of favour off spinner Harbhajan Singh has expressed his desire to return to the national team on account of strong performances in domestic circuit this season.
Bhajji put up a strong show for his IPL franchise Mumbai Indians in the recently concluded Champions League T20 tournament helping them to a second successive title.
Speaking to DNA, Harbhajan said that his hunger for cricket is same and he is relying on hard work and concentration to make a comeback to the Indian team.
“If the hunger was not there, I would have gone. Every game is an opportunity and I look forward to it. You have to work hard if you want to continue playing at the highest level. Things will automatically fall in place if you concentrate and keeping working. I am definitely looking to do that. I will be back to where I belong,” he told DNA in an exclusive interview.
The 33 year old said that he would rather focus on improving his game than ‘wasting’ time in replying to criticism but he doesn’t mind taking advice from his colleagues and teammates.
“Instead of wasting time and energy by replying to them, you should keep on working. I definitely take advice from people I trust. Your senior colleagues and teammates are the ones who feel for you. People can say whatever they want to,” he said.
READ THE COMPLETE INTERVIEW HERE»
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India