I was disillusioned with what happened in WC meeting: Manohar
Mumbai: Former BCCI chief Shashank Manohar is "disillusioned" with the proceedings of the Board`s Emergent Working Committee meeting which he had attended as a representative of Vidarbha Cricket Association.
"I can`t disclose what happened at the meeting. All I can say is I was disillusioned with the happenings. I had gone there with the purpose of cleaning up the image of the Board in public domain, but I was disillusioned," the 57-year-old Nagpur-based lawyer told PTI today.
Manohar was outvoted 14-1 at the meeting when hand count was taken for the nomination of R G Raghavan, ex-CBI director, as one of the three members of the panel that was formed (former cricketer Ravi Shastri and former chief justice of Kolata High Court R N Patel being the others) by the Working Committee to probe into the spot-fixing and betting scandal in the Indian Premier League as per the Supreme Court`s directive.
Manohar had kept himself out of the BCCI matters after his term ended in 2011 and was succeeded by Srinivasan before attending his first meeting of the Board yesterday.
The former BCCI chief had also opposed the name of Shastri because of conflict of interest as he`s a Board-contracted TV commentator and IPL Governing Council member.
Prior to attending the meeting Manohar had lashed out at N Srinivasan, who has been forced to step aside as the Board president, saying the Tamil Nadu strongman was "shamelessly and stubbornly" sticking to his post.
Gurunath Meiyappan, son-in-law of Srinivasan and alleged former team principal of IPL franchise Chennai Super Kings, owned by India Cements in which Srinivasan is the MD cum Vice Chairman, had been named as one of the accused in the scandal by Mumbai police.
On April 16, the Supreme Court, at its last hearing of the case, said Srinivasan`s name was the 13th in the enclosed list submitted along with its report by the apex-court appointed Justice Mudgal Committee, which had probed the scam.
The names of Shastri, Raghavan and Patel would be submitted for approval of the Supreme Court which is hearing the IPL scandal, with the next hearing scheduled tomorrow. The SC had directed the BCCI at the last hearing on April 16 to suggest names of persons who will conduct a "fair probe" into the IPL 6 spot-fixing and betting scandal.
The apex court is expected to consider the suggestion by the BCCI and pass orders on the future course of the probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!