I wasn’t playing for 100th ton: Sachin Tendulkar
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Mirpur: Sachin Tendulkar, who scored his 100th international ton today, said that he was not playing for his 100th ton.
He said that the hype around his 100th century was created by media. “Nobody spoke about the 99th century which I have scored during World Cup. The media started all this...wherever I went the restaurants, housekeeping, room service, everybody spoke about the 100th hundred.”
“It became too difficult mentally because I was not playing for my 100th hundred. Everybody had their opinion but I had to do what was good for the team,” said the master.
He said: "It's been a tough phase for me. I started off the season batting reasonably well, I was luckless."
"It hasn't sunk in but I've definitely lost about 50 kilos. Doesn't matter how many hundreds you've scored, you still have to put your head down and score for the team."
"Dreams do come true. I had to wait for one for 22 years (the World Cup)."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song