I wasn’t playing for 100th ton: Sachin Tendulkar
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Mirpur: Sachin Tendulkar, who scored his 100th international ton today, said that he was not playing for his 100th ton.
He said that the hype around his 100th century was created by media. “Nobody spoke about the 99th century which I have scored during World Cup. The media started all this...wherever I went the restaurants, housekeeping, room service, everybody spoke about the 100th hundred.”
“It became too difficult mentally because I was not playing for my 100th hundred. Everybody had their opinion but I had to do what was good for the team,” said the master.
He said: "It's been a tough phase for me. I started off the season batting reasonably well, I was luckless."
"It hasn't sunk in but I've definitely lost about 50 kilos. Doesn't matter how many hundreds you've scored, you still have to put your head down and score for the team."
"Dreams do come true. I had to wait for one for 22 years (the World Cup)."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorists gun down policeman in Kashmir's Pulwama district
- BJP to hold meet with CMs' of party-ruled states, PM Modi to address concluding session
- JD(U) backs Mamata Banerjee, says resistance against Centre is growing
- Three low-intensity earthquakes hit Himachal Pradesh, no casualties
- SL vs AUS: How Graeme Smith and Dale Steyn ridiculed Steve Smith for heading home