I wasn’t playing for 100th ton: Sachin Tendulkar
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Mirpur: Sachin Tendulkar, who scored his 100th international ton today, said that he was not playing for his 100th ton.
He said that the hype around his 100th century was created by media. “Nobody spoke about the 99th century which I have scored during World Cup. The media started all this...wherever I went the restaurants, housekeeping, room service, everybody spoke about the 100th hundred.”
“It became too difficult mentally because I was not playing for my 100th hundred. Everybody had their opinion but I had to do what was good for the team,” said the master.
He said: "It's been a tough phase for me. I started off the season batting reasonably well, I was luckless."
"It hasn't sunk in but I've definitely lost about 50 kilos. Doesn't matter how many hundreds you've scored, you still have to put your head down and score for the team."
"Dreams do come true. I had to wait for one for 22 years (the World Cup)."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- Indian aid worker Judith D'Souza rescued from captors in Afghanistan returns home
- 80 killed, over 200 injured in twin suicide bomb attacks on Kabul protesters; Islamic State claims responsibility
- MUST WATCH: One to be treasured! Virat Kohli's 200 and Sunil Gavaskar's generous applause
- SCOPE for accountability check of NGOs getting funds from PSUs
- Govt to invest Rs 200 crore on scaling up existing incubators