I will chair the AGM in Chennai, declares Srinivasan
Kolkata: A defiant BCCI President N Srinivasan today declared that he will chair the Board`s Annual General Meeting scheduled to be held in Chennai on September 29.
"I will chair the Annual General Meeting," Srinivasan told reporters today while leaving the hotel where the working committee meeting was held here.
Having attended today`s working committee meeting, Srinivasan dismissed rumours that he had been under immense pressure since stepping aside as Board president in the wake of the alleged involvement of his son-in-law Gurunath Meiyappan in the IPL betting and spot-fixing scandal.
"I was always relieved. I really don`t understand what the problem is. Did I do anything wrong? Was there any accusation or any case against me?," Srinivasan shot back.
The Tamil Nadu strongman also clarified that although there were no discussions on the itinerary of the upcoming tour of South Africa but at the same time the Board was not planning to scrap the tour either.
"I`ve not said that the South Africa series will be scrapped. It`s definitely on. We have just proposed a West Indies series in November. Neither there was any discussions on the South Africa series nor any members raised any questions on the series," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened