I will chair the AGM in Chennai, declares Srinivasan
Kolkata: A defiant BCCI President N Srinivasan today declared that he will chair the Board`s Annual General Meeting scheduled to be held in Chennai on September 29.
"I will chair the Annual General Meeting," Srinivasan told reporters today while leaving the hotel where the working committee meeting was held here.
Having attended today`s working committee meeting, Srinivasan dismissed rumours that he had been under immense pressure since stepping aside as Board president in the wake of the alleged involvement of his son-in-law Gurunath Meiyappan in the IPL betting and spot-fixing scandal.
"I was always relieved. I really don`t understand what the problem is. Did I do anything wrong? Was there any accusation or any case against me?," Srinivasan shot back.
The Tamil Nadu strongman also clarified that although there were no discussions on the itinerary of the upcoming tour of South Africa but at the same time the Board was not planning to scrap the tour either.
"I`ve not said that the South Africa series will be scrapped. It`s definitely on. We have just proposed a West Indies series in November. Neither there was any discussions on the South Africa series nor any members raised any questions on the series," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi