I will do Jagdale, Shirke`s work if they don`t rejoin: Dalmiya
Chennai: Unfazed by the decision of Secretary Sanjay Jagdale and Treasurer Ajay Shirke not to withdraw their resignation, head of BCCI`s interim set-up Jagmohan Dalmiya on Sunday said if they did not join duty, he may have to do their work.
"If they (Jagdale and Shirke) come back they will discharge their duties as Secretary and Treasurer. If they do not, then the responsibility of discharging the duties will be on me," Dalmiya said.
Former Cricket Board Secretary Jagdale and Treasurer Shirke today made it clear they have no intention of returning to the BCCI despite being requested by the working committee members to reconsider their decision to resign.
Bowing to all-round pressure, Srinivasan today agreed to "step aside" as BCCI President under a compromise formula that brought back former Chief Dalmiya as head of a four-member "interim arrangement" to run the Board, more than a fortnight after the spot-fixing scandal rocked Indian cricket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble