I will do Jagdale, Shirke`s work if they don`t rejoin: Dalmiya
Chennai: Unfazed by the decision of Secretary Sanjay Jagdale and Treasurer Ajay Shirke not to withdraw their resignation, head of BCCI`s interim set-up Jagmohan Dalmiya on Sunday said if they did not join duty, he may have to do their work.
"If they (Jagdale and Shirke) come back they will discharge their duties as Secretary and Treasurer. If they do not, then the responsibility of discharging the duties will be on me," Dalmiya said.
Former Cricket Board Secretary Jagdale and Treasurer Shirke today made it clear they have no intention of returning to the BCCI despite being requested by the working committee members to reconsider their decision to resign.
Bowing to all-round pressure, Srinivasan today agreed to "step aside" as BCCI President under a compromise formula that brought back former Chief Dalmiya as head of a four-member "interim arrangement" to run the Board, more than a fortnight after the spot-fixing scandal rocked Indian cricket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security