I wrote to Dalmiya demanding suspension of CSK, RR: Bindra
New Delhi: Former BCCI president I.S. Bindra on Tuesday said that he had written a letter to current head of interim group Jagmohan Dalmiya ahead of yesterday`s Working Committee demanding suspension of controversial franchises Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals.
"I had written to Jagmohan Dalmiya before the working committee meeting about suspending the two franchises. The issue was raised on the floor of Working Committee. Mr Dalmiya said that the role of the two franchises will be probed further and the matter is being looked into," Bindra told PTI today.
When asked about the issue of Mahendra Singh Dhoni`s conflict of interest, Bindra answered: "There was no discussion regarding Mahendra Singh Dhoni during the working committee meeting."
The newly appointed BCCI treasurer Ravi Savant today told a news channel that the board will shot off a letter to Dhoni on the issue but the veteran administrator wasn`t amused.
"What is Savant`s authority to speak in this matter? The treasurer is not supposed to make comments about the showcause notice. That is utter nonsense. And before you start bringing guilty cricketers to book, I think we need to also look at the role of the administrators," he fumed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir