IAF drops Sachin Tendulkar as brand ambassador
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Indian Air Force (IAF) has dropped cricketing legend Sachin Tendulkar as its brand ambassador.
The IAF has replaced Sachin with basic trainer aircraft Pilatus.
Fourteen Pilatus aircrafts have already reached India, and pilots are being trained on them in Hyderabad.
IAF hoped that his association with it would motivate the younger generation to join the Air Force to serve the country. However, the move did not produce desired result, as a result of which the association was cancelled.
In 2011, Tendulkar was conferred with the Indian Air Force`s honorary rank of Group Captain to honour his cricketing achievements and contribution to the nation. He was the first sportsperson to be conferred a rank by IAF and the first personality with no aviation background to receive the honour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan