IAF drops Sachin Tendulkar as brand ambassador
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Indian Air Force (IAF) has dropped cricketing legend Sachin Tendulkar as its brand ambassador.
The IAF has replaced Sachin with basic trainer aircraft Pilatus.
Fourteen Pilatus aircrafts have already reached India, and pilots are being trained on them in Hyderabad.
IAF hoped that his association with it would motivate the younger generation to join the Air Force to serve the country. However, the move did not produce desired result, as a result of which the association was cancelled.
In 2011, Tendulkar was conferred with the Indian Air Force`s honorary rank of Group Captain to honour his cricketing achievements and contribution to the nation. He was the first sportsperson to be conferred a rank by IAF and the first personality with no aviation background to receive the honour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation