Ian Bell guides England to six-wicket win over South Africa
Zeenews Sports Bureau
London: With the help of another good innings from Ian Bell, England defeated South Africa by six wickets in the fourth one-day international at Lords on Sunday.
Batting first, South Africa posted a meagre score of 220 runs and England got off to a disastrous start as they lost skipper Alastair Cook in the first over of the match.
Ian Bell once again played a formidable innings for his side as he hit 88 from 137 balls, with included one six and eight fours, as England closed on 224-4, overhauling South Africa's 220-8 with 20 balls to spare.
Bell put on a second-wicket stand of 141 with Jonathan Trott, who was England's next highest scorer with 48.
With this victory, England now lead the 5-match ODI series 2-1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself