Ian Bell guides England to six-wicket win over South Africa
Zeenews Sports Bureau
London: With the help of another good innings from Ian Bell, England defeated South Africa by six wickets in the fourth one-day international at Lords on Sunday.
Batting first, South Africa posted a meagre score of 220 runs and England got off to a disastrous start as they lost skipper Alastair Cook in the first over of the match.
Ian Bell once again played a formidable innings for his side as he hit 88 from 137 balls, with included one six and eight fours, as England closed on 224-4, overhauling South Africa's 220-8 with 20 balls to spare.
Bell put on a second-wicket stand of 141 with Jonathan Trott, who was England's next highest scorer with 48.
With this victory, England now lead the 5-match ODI series 2-1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...