Ian Bell guides England to six-wicket win over South Africa
Zeenews Sports Bureau
London: With the help of another good innings from Ian Bell, England defeated South Africa by six wickets in the fourth one-day international at Lords on Sunday.
Batting first, South Africa posted a meagre score of 220 runs and England got off to a disastrous start as they lost skipper Alastair Cook in the first over of the match.
Ian Bell once again played a formidable innings for his side as he hit 88 from 137 balls, with included one six and eight fours, as England closed on 224-4, overhauling South Africa's 220-8 with 20 balls to spare.
Bell put on a second-wicket stand of 141 with Jonathan Trott, who was England's next highest scorer with 48.
With this victory, England now lead the 5-match ODI series 2-1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Despite tough training, we'll continue our Ramadan fast: Misbah-ul-Haq tells Mickey Arthur
- Shah Rukh, Ranbir, Abhishek and Amitabh clicked together at Pro Kabaddi League! Pics inside
- BJP's Yashwant Sinha slams NDA policy towards Pakistan, hints at war-like-situation
- Music-sharing and larger emojis for WhatsApp for iOS soon?
- After Mumbai Indians, Krunal and Hardik Pandya to play for new team