Ian Bell guides England to six-wicket win over South Africa
Zeenews Sports Bureau
London: With the help of another good innings from Ian Bell, England defeated South Africa by six wickets in the fourth one-day international at Lords on Sunday.
Batting first, South Africa posted a meagre score of 220 runs and England got off to a disastrous start as they lost skipper Alastair Cook in the first over of the match.
Ian Bell once again played a formidable innings for his side as he hit 88 from 137 balls, with included one six and eight fours, as England closed on 224-4, overhauling South Africa's 220-8 with 20 balls to spare.
Bell put on a second-wicket stand of 141 with Jonathan Trott, who was England's next highest scorer with 48.
With this victory, England now lead the 5-match ODI series 2-1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'