Ian Bell might get the nod to be England`s vice-captain
London: England batsman Ian Bell might be given the nod to be the Test team`s vice-captain on the Buggins` Turn principle, which deploys the practice of appointing on the basis of seniority rather than merit.
With the vice-captaincy position been filled in the past by Stuart Broad and Matt Prior, Bell and Jimmy Anderson are the two other senior players left who could conceivably be skipper Alastair Cook`s deputy in an emergency.
According to The Independent, despite Anderson having expressed leadership ambitions in the past, Bell has impressed most observers with his tactical acumen when leading his county cricket club Warwickshire.
However, if Anderson misses out this time his chance might well come in the future as neither Broad nor Prior is likely to be considered for the role when selectors finally get round to deciding on it, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III