ICC ACSU report on corruption in BCB delayed
Dhaka: The ICC Anti-Corruption and Security Unit`s report on corruption in the Bangladesh Premier League has been delayed till at least the next month after officials sought more time to complete their investigation.
The report has been delayed thrice before and according to Bangladesh Cricket Board President Nazmul Hassan, it is now expected to come out only in the first week of August.
Former captain Mohammad Ashraful had confessed to indulging in corruption during his interviews with the ACSU, which wants to have a word with a few more before drawing up the final report.
"They haven`t completed the report. They are yet to complete interviews outside Bangladesh. As a result, they have asked for more time. From what I have understood after talking to them, I think we will most probably get the report in the first week of August," Hassan said.
"Because Ashraful is already temporarily suspended and the report is still not submitted, we don`t know what sort of decision we should take against him. He won`t play in this tournament, the rest can play," he added.
Hassan said more investigations could be conducted by a BCB tribunal depending on what comes out in the ACSU report.
"They have a few more steps remaining. Firstly, they will present their report. We have to see whether the evidence they have gathered against a certain player is enough, based on which we can take a decision against a player or anyone else," he said.
"We could also have to do further investigation or form a tribunal, which is within the rules. The tribunal will take time, and since this is a lengthy procedure, it is not wise to hasten such a matter. We will start the league very soon," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery