ICC allocates USD 1.8 million to New Zealand
Dubai: The International Cricket Council today allocated USD 1.8 million to crisis-hit New Zealand as part of the Targeted Assistance and Performance Programme after the conclusion of its first Board meeting of the year here.
"New Zealand Cricket has been allocated USD 1.8m, which represents USD 0.6m for each of the next three years from the ICC`s Targeted Assistance and Performance Programme (TAPP) which is aimed at developing more competitive teams among Full Members and Associate/Affiliate Members," the ICC said in a statement.
The New Zealand Cricket initiative will focus on a programme of `A` Team cricket and the development of coaching and sports science expertise.
New Zealand have been struggling of late internationally and their Cricket Board has been dogged by controversies after the recent sacking of Ross Taylor as captain.
Besides, the ICC Board considered the report of the Chief Executives` Committee working group and agreed that domestic Twenty20 leagues can add to the game and further deliberations should be aimed at "the growth and sustainability of international cricket" by "attaining co-existence between domestic T20 leagues and the international game".
The Committee includes Sundar Raman (BCCI), James Sutherland (Cricket Australia), David Collier (England Cricket Board) and David White (New Zealand Cricket).
ICC Chief Executive David Richardson said the key lay in attaining balance between domestic and international cricket.
"Domestic Twenty20 leagues have provided so many opportunities for players and officials alike as well as entertaining large domestic crowds.
"A workable and balanced international playing calendar is key to the sustainability of the game. We also need to ensure that cricket is played in a corruption-free environment," he said.
"The ICC Anti-Corruption and Security Unit (ACSU) is doing some great work in this regard. All Boards should be complimented on the progress they have made in putting their own anti-corruption resources in place but this is only the first step", Richardson said.
"Effective implementation of appropriate programmes and processes together with the timely and effective investigation and prosecution of all reported incidents is also crucial," he added.
Among other things, the Board unanimously agreed to continue to combat the legal, financial and practical issues facing Member Boards and the ICC in relation to `online piracy` (illegal and unauthorised streaming of broadcast footage over the internet) and other intellectual property rights infringements.
Besides, the ICC Annual Conference will be held in London in June this yearfollowing the Champions Trophy which is being held in England and Wales.
For the ICC Annual Conference from 2014 to 2016, the ICC will invite expressions of interest from potential host cities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org