ICC announces CSR partnerships for Champions Trophy 2013
Dubai: The ICC on Tuesday announced three Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) partnerships that will feature during the upcoming ICC Champions Trophy 2013 in England and Wales.
The ICC will once again be working with Room to Read and will also partner with UNAIDS and UNICEF to deliver the global cricket AIDS awareness partnership ThinkWise.
The organisations will be joined for this tournament by `Chance to Shine`, the Cricket Foundation`s programme responsible for getting cricket back into state schools across England and Wales.
During the tournament the ICC will work with the three partners hosting a variety of coaching clinics and visits involving players from the eight participating teams, while also providing tickets to matches and highlighting each of the initiatives at various match days throughout the event.
At this year`s ICC Champions Trophy, the ICC will celebrate its 10-year association with UNAIDS to raise awareness of HIV and AIDS which ultimately led to the foundation of the ThinkWise partnership with UNAIDS, UNICEF and the ICC in 2009. To celebrate that partnership, the ICC will be dedicating the final of the tournament to the ThinkWise campaign.
The other two initiatives, of Room to Read and Chance to Shine will also be show-cased at a number of matches throughout the tournament.
ICC chief executive, David Richardson, said of the three partnerships for the tournament: "I am delighted once again that the ICC is partnering with ThinkWise along with Room to Read to continue promoting both the importance of HIV and AIDS awareness and the education of children around the globe.
"We are also happy to welcome Chance to Shine, an ECB supported initiative run by the Cricket Foundation to help continue building a legacy of promoting cricket and creating opportunities amongst the younger generations in England and Wales."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe