ICC announces match official for Women`s WC group stage
Dubai: New Zealand`s Kathy Cross would be the only female umpire officiating alongside 12 of her male counterparts picked by the ICC for the group stage of the Women`s cricket World Cup to be held in India from January 31 to February 17.
The tournament referee responsibilities throughout the event will be handled by David Jukes of the ICC Panel of Regional Referees.
Meanwhile, Tony Hill of the Emirates Elite Panel of ICC Umpires will also attend the event in a mentoring role for the 13 umpires involved in the tournament.
Cross, meanwhile, would be joining Gregory Brathwaite, Vineet Kulkarni, Ravi Sundaram, C Shamshuddin, Ruchira Palliyaguru, Ahsan Raza, Shaun George (all Emirates International Panel of ICC Umpires), Ian Ramage, Mark Hawthorne, Shahul Hameed, Buddhi Pradhan and Sarika Prasad (all Associate and Affiliate International Umpires Panel).
Ravi Sundaram will be replaced with C Shamshuddin from February 7 onwards due to the former`s appointment to the upcoming men`s series between New Zealand and England.
Appointments have also been made for the warm-up matches. The warm-up matches will be staged from January 28 to 30 in Mumbai and Cuttack.
None of these matches will carry official ODI International status.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another