ICC awards Cricket Scotland for its development programme
New Delhi: In an attempt to recognise the effort of non-cricketing nations in the promotion of the sport, ICC awarded Cricket Scotland for the Best Overall Cricket Development Programme.
Mazhar Khan of the Emirates Cricket Board received the Lifetime Service award while Japan Cricket Association was awarded the Best Women`s Cricket Initiative for its outstanding work.
Suriname Cricket Association won the Best Spirit of Cricket Initiative for organising a charity cricket tournament with all proceeds going towards local orphanages.
Neil Saint, of France Cricket, has been honoured with the Volunteer of the Year Award for his dedication and contribution to cricket in France in 2010.
Bermuda won the Photo of the Year for the second time in a row for a picture, entitled `Stay Focused` clicked by Fiona Holmes.
Other winners this year include, Cricket Papua New Guinea (PNG) and Cricket Ireland - jointly awarded the honour of Best Promotion and Marketing Programme.
Cricket PNG also took home the Best Junior Participation Initiative for its efforts in growing the game across the country and in schools.
Reiterating the need to recognise the effort of people leading the development of cricket around the world, International Cricket Council Acting Global Development Tim Anderson said, "It`s great to again see such outstanding initiatives and people leading the development of our Great Sport around the world. They deserve this recognition.”
"Congratulations to all the award winners, and to those who were not successful this time around, your continued dedication to cricket`s growth is really making a positive difference," Anderson said.
ICC President Sharad Pawar, alongside former heads of the Council David Morgan, Ehsan Mani and Malcolm Gray besides Keith Bradshaw, the Secretary and Chief Executive of Marylebone Cricket Club, formed the judging panel for this year’s awards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- DNA: Heroes of surgical strike receives gallantry award
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested