ICC CEC discusses allegations of corruption in BPL
Kuala Lumpur: The International Cricket Council`s Chief Executive Committee on Monday recommended that a report be sought from the Bangladesh Board on the allegations of corruption in the recent Bangladesh Premier League.
The CEC, which met on June 24 and 25 as part of the ICC Annual Conference, "recommended to the ICC Board that the BCB be directed to deliver a comprehensive report on the allegations of corrupt activities during the BPL."
It also reconfirmed the necessity for all Member Boards to have in place and implement domestic anti-corruption codes.
After hearing that neither BCB nor Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) have incorporated domestic anti-corruption codes yet, the CEC recommended that the ICC Board instruct these Boards to implement codes forthwith and, in the case of SLC, certainly before the start of the Sri Lanka Premier League Twenty20, which is planned for August 2012.
The CEC also considered the importance of a uniform set of anti-corruption regulations across all full members in order to avoid any potential jurisdictional loopholes and/or inconsistencies in the continued and ever-vigilant protection of cricket from corruption.
At the meeting, the CEC considered the Pakistan Cricket Board`s (PCB) request for flexibility to stage a six-match Twenty20 International series against Australia potentially in the United Arab Emirates in August.
This request needed a special dispensation from the CEC and then the ICC Board as the current regulation permits only three T20I in a series.
"Due to extreme daytime heat in the UAE at that time of the year, the CEC raised no objections to the principle of a six-match T20I series replacing the scheduled series of three ODIs and three T20Is should the PCB elect to make that switch."
It also continued the complex but important discussions on the "protection and promotion of international cricket within a changed landscape that is showing a growing number of domestic professional T20 leagues".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing