2013 ICC Champions Trophy: BCCI announces cash prize of Rs one crore to each player
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) on Monday announced a cash reward of Rs 1 crore for each member of the Indian cricket team after they defeated England in the final of the 2013 ICC Champions Trophy on Sunday.
Besides this, each member of the support staff will also receive Rs 30 lakhs each, BCCI secretary announced on Monday.
India defeated England in a rain curtailed, nail biting encounter at Edgbaston on Sunday to lift the ICC Champions Trophy for the second time.
The triumph landed them USD 2 million (approximately Rs 12 crore).
For his haul of 12 wickets in the entire tournament, all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja was awarded with the ‘Golden Ball’. Opening batsman Shikhar Dhawan, who led the batting chart with 363 runs, was adjudged the player of the tournament and received the ‘Golden Bat’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ground reporting reveals shocking facts about Kashmir unrest
- BJP protests against BSP over 'foul language' used for Dayashankar Singh's daughter
- DNA: Analyzing the complete aspect of UNCIP's resolution on Kashmir
- Rajnath Singh arrives in Kashmir, meets civil society delegation
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- When hotel staff received complaints about weird noises coming out of Rahul Dravid’s room!
- UP CM Akhilesh Yadav backs Dayashankar's ticket-selling allegation against Mayawati
- Jammu & Kashmir violence: DIG South Kashmir, SSP Anantnag transferred
- What an idea! Harbhajan Singh offers Windies bowlers full-proof plan to stop Virat Kohli
- Three Kosovans among dead in Munich shooting: Ministry