2013 ICC Champions Trophy: BCCI announces cash prize of Rs one crore to each player
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) on Monday announced a cash reward of Rs 1 crore for each member of the Indian cricket team after they defeated England in the final of the 2013 ICC Champions Trophy on Sunday.
Besides this, each member of the support staff will also receive Rs 30 lakhs each, BCCI secretary announced on Monday.
India defeated England in a rain curtailed, nail biting encounter at Edgbaston on Sunday to lift the ICC Champions Trophy for the second time.
The triumph landed them USD 2 million (approximately Rs 12 crore).
For his haul of 12 wickets in the entire tournament, all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja was awarded with the ‘Golden Ball’. Opening batsman Shikhar Dhawan, who led the batting chart with 363 runs, was adjudged the player of the tournament and received the ‘Golden Bat’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what