2013 ICC Champions Trophy: BCCI announces cash prize of Rs one crore to each player
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) on Monday announced a cash reward of Rs 1 crore for each member of the Indian cricket team after they defeated England in the final of the 2013 ICC Champions Trophy on Sunday.
Besides this, each member of the support staff will also receive Rs 30 lakhs each, BCCI secretary announced on Monday.
India defeated England in a rain curtailed, nail biting encounter at Edgbaston on Sunday to lift the ICC Champions Trophy for the second time.
The triumph landed them USD 2 million (approximately Rs 12 crore).
For his haul of 12 wickets in the entire tournament, all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja was awarded with the ‘Golden Ball’. Opening batsman Shikhar Dhawan, who led the batting chart with 363 runs, was adjudged the player of the tournament and received the ‘Golden Bat’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan