2013 ICC Champions Trophy: England vs India – Statistical highlights
Birmingham: Statistical highlights of the Champions Trophy final between India and England here.
• Ravindra Jadeja (33 not out off 25 balls) enjoys an impressive record vs England in ODIs - his tally being 313 (ave. 52.16) in eleven innings, including two fifties.
• With 12 wickets at 12.83 runs apiece, Jadeja is the top wicket-taker in the recently concluded competition - his tally is an Indian record in the ICC Champions Trophy
• Jadeja has got his seventh Man of the Match award in ODIs - his fourth vs England.
• James Anderson, with eleven wickets (ave. 13. 72) in five matches, has established an England record for the highest wicket-aggregate in the ICC CT 2013, bettering Stuart Broad`s tally of 10 at 15.50 runs apiece in three games in 2009-10 in South Africa.
• Eoin Morgan (33 off 30 balls) has registered his highest score in the just concluded competition - ICC Champions Trophy.
• Ravi Bopara and Morgan were involved in a stand of 64 - England`s highest fifth-wicket partnership against India in the ICC Champions Trophy.
• Shikhar Dhawan, with 363 runs (ave. 90.75) in five matches, including two centuries and a fifty, has set a record for the highest run-aggregate for India in an ICC Champions Trophy competition.
• Only Chris Gayle has aggregated more than Dhawan in an ICC CT competition - 474 (ave. 79.00) in eight games in 2006-07.
• Dhawan has been adjudged the Player of the series for the first time in ODIs.
• Mahendra Singh Dhoni became the first captain to have won all three ICC Trophies - ICC World Cup, ICC World Twenty20 and the ICC Champions Trophy.
• India became the first team to have won the final of the ICC Champions Trophy while batting first.
• India`s sequence of six wins in succession in the ICC Champions Trophy - between September 30, 2009 and June 23, 2013 is their best record.
• England have been defeated by India in all three matches in the ICC Champions Trophy - their first two losses being by eight wickets at Colombo (RPS) on September 22, 2002 and by four wickets at Jaipur on October 15, 2006.
• Ravi Bopara`s superb figures of 3 for 20 are his second best in ODIs - his best being four for 38 vs Bangladesh at Birmingham on July 12, 2010.
• Bopara`s performance is the second best in a losing cause for England in the ICC CT - the best being Stuart Broad`s four for 39 vs New Zealand at Johannesburg on September 29, 2009.
• Bopara`s aforesaid figures are his best in the ICC Champions Trophy apart from his best vs India in ODIs. These figures are the best by an England bowler against India in the ICC Champions Trophy.
• Ashwin took three catches in an ODI for the first time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31