2013 ICC Champions Trophy: England vs India – Statistical highlights
Birmingham: Statistical highlights of the Champions Trophy final between India and England here.
• Ravindra Jadeja (33 not out off 25 balls) enjoys an impressive record vs England in ODIs - his tally being 313 (ave. 52.16) in eleven innings, including two fifties.
• With 12 wickets at 12.83 runs apiece, Jadeja is the top wicket-taker in the recently concluded competition - his tally is an Indian record in the ICC Champions Trophy
• Jadeja has got his seventh Man of the Match award in ODIs - his fourth vs England.
• James Anderson, with eleven wickets (ave. 13. 72) in five matches, has established an England record for the highest wicket-aggregate in the ICC CT 2013, bettering Stuart Broad`s tally of 10 at 15.50 runs apiece in three games in 2009-10 in South Africa.
• Eoin Morgan (33 off 30 balls) has registered his highest score in the just concluded competition - ICC Champions Trophy.
• Ravi Bopara and Morgan were involved in a stand of 64 - England`s highest fifth-wicket partnership against India in the ICC Champions Trophy.
• Shikhar Dhawan, with 363 runs (ave. 90.75) in five matches, including two centuries and a fifty, has set a record for the highest run-aggregate for India in an ICC Champions Trophy competition.
• Only Chris Gayle has aggregated more than Dhawan in an ICC CT competition - 474 (ave. 79.00) in eight games in 2006-07.
• Dhawan has been adjudged the Player of the series for the first time in ODIs.
• Mahendra Singh Dhoni became the first captain to have won all three ICC Trophies - ICC World Cup, ICC World Twenty20 and the ICC Champions Trophy.
• India became the first team to have won the final of the ICC Champions Trophy while batting first.
• India`s sequence of six wins in succession in the ICC Champions Trophy - between September 30, 2009 and June 23, 2013 is their best record.
• England have been defeated by India in all three matches in the ICC Champions Trophy - their first two losses being by eight wickets at Colombo (RPS) on September 22, 2002 and by four wickets at Jaipur on October 15, 2006.
• Ravi Bopara`s superb figures of 3 for 20 are his second best in ODIs - his best being four for 38 vs Bangladesh at Birmingham on July 12, 2010.
• Bopara`s performance is the second best in a losing cause for England in the ICC CT - the best being Stuart Broad`s four for 39 vs New Zealand at Johannesburg on September 29, 2009.
• Bopara`s aforesaid figures are his best in the ICC Champions Trophy apart from his best vs India in ODIs. These figures are the best by an England bowler against India in the ICC Champions Trophy.
• Ashwin took three catches in an ODI for the first time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Manthan: Expert's tips to avoid stomach gas, constipation
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced