2013 ICC Champions Trophy: England vs New Zealand - Statistical highlights
Cardiff: Statistical highlights of the Champions Trophy Group A match between New Zealand and England here.
• Kyle Mills set a record for the highest wickets` tally in the ICC Champions Trophy -- 28 wickets at 17.25 runs apiece in 25 matches, obliterating the 24 (ave.20.16) in 17 matches by Muttiah Muralitharan.
• Mills` figures of four for 30 are the best by a New Zealand bowler against England in the ICC Champions Trophy, eclipsing Grant Elliott`s four for 31 at Johannesburg on September 29, 2009.
• England (169) registered their highest total vs New Zealand in the ICC Champions Trophy, outstripping the 146 at Johannesburg on September 29, 2009.
• England recorded their first victory in two matches over New Zealand in the ICC Champions Trophy.
• Mitchell McClenaghan`s wicket-aggregate of 29 wickets (ave.16.51) is the most by a bowler in his first 10 games in ODIs, eclipsing West Indian, Ottis Gibson`s tally of 28 wickets (ave.15.07).
• Mitchell has produced an impressive strike rate of 18.9 -- the best among the bowlers bowling at least 500 balls or more in ODIs.
• Mitchell, with 11 wickets at 13.09 runs apiece, is the top wicket-taker in the present competition -- the best figures by a New Zealand bowler in a tournament in the ICC Champions Trophy.
• Nathan McCullum has become the first fielder to take four catches in an innings in the ICC Champions Trophy. Five other New Zealand fielders have taken four catches in an innings in ODIs -- Ken Rutherford, Chris Harris, Stephen Fleming, Ross Taylor and Jamie How.
• Alastair Cook (64 off 47 balls) hit his fourth fifty vs New Zealand -- his 18th in ODIs. For for the first time, he has posted two sixes in an innings in ODIs.
• Cook has recorded a strike rate of 136.17 – his highest in an innings of 50-plus in ODIs. The said innings is his second fifty in the ICC Champions Trophy, surpassing the 59 vs Sri Lanka at The Oval on June 13, 2013.
• Cook`s tally of 153 (ave.51.00) is the highest by an England batsman in the present competition.
• Cook has received his first MoM award against New Zealand -- his seventh in ODIs.
• Ravi Bopara (2/26) not only recorded his best bowling performance in the ICC Champions Trophy but also his best vs New Zealand in ODIs.
• Kane Williamson (67 off 54 balls) posted his first 50 in the ICC Champions Trophy -- his sixth in ODIs and his third vs England.
• Cook and Root were involved in a stand of 75 for the third wicket -- England`s highest partnership for any wicket vs New Zealand in the ICC Champions Trophy.
• Williamson and Corey Anderson were associated in a partnership of 73 -- New Zealand`s highest sixth-wicket stand vs England in the ICC Champions Trophy.
• James Anderson (3/32) produced his best bowling performance vs New Zealand in the ICC Champions Trophy.
• Anderson bagged 18 wickets at 23.27 runs apiece in ten games in the ICC Champions Trophy – the most by an England bowler.
• Anderson`s aggregate of eight wickets at 14.12 in three matches is the highest by an England bowler in the present edition of the ICC Champions Trophy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!