2013 ICC Champions Trophy: England vs New Zealand - Statistical highlights
Cardiff: Statistical highlights of the Champions Trophy Group A match between New Zealand and England here.
• Kyle Mills set a record for the highest wickets` tally in the ICC Champions Trophy -- 28 wickets at 17.25 runs apiece in 25 matches, obliterating the 24 (ave.20.16) in 17 matches by Muttiah Muralitharan.
• Mills` figures of four for 30 are the best by a New Zealand bowler against England in the ICC Champions Trophy, eclipsing Grant Elliott`s four for 31 at Johannesburg on September 29, 2009.
• England (169) registered their highest total vs New Zealand in the ICC Champions Trophy, outstripping the 146 at Johannesburg on September 29, 2009.
• England recorded their first victory in two matches over New Zealand in the ICC Champions Trophy.
• Mitchell McClenaghan`s wicket-aggregate of 29 wickets (ave.16.51) is the most by a bowler in his first 10 games in ODIs, eclipsing West Indian, Ottis Gibson`s tally of 28 wickets (ave.15.07).
• Mitchell has produced an impressive strike rate of 18.9 -- the best among the bowlers bowling at least 500 balls or more in ODIs.
• Mitchell, with 11 wickets at 13.09 runs apiece, is the top wicket-taker in the present competition -- the best figures by a New Zealand bowler in a tournament in the ICC Champions Trophy.
• Nathan McCullum has become the first fielder to take four catches in an innings in the ICC Champions Trophy. Five other New Zealand fielders have taken four catches in an innings in ODIs -- Ken Rutherford, Chris Harris, Stephen Fleming, Ross Taylor and Jamie How.
• Alastair Cook (64 off 47 balls) hit his fourth fifty vs New Zealand -- his 18th in ODIs. For for the first time, he has posted two sixes in an innings in ODIs.
• Cook has recorded a strike rate of 136.17 – his highest in an innings of 50-plus in ODIs. The said innings is his second fifty in the ICC Champions Trophy, surpassing the 59 vs Sri Lanka at The Oval on June 13, 2013.
• Cook`s tally of 153 (ave.51.00) is the highest by an England batsman in the present competition.
• Cook has received his first MoM award against New Zealand -- his seventh in ODIs.
• Ravi Bopara (2/26) not only recorded his best bowling performance in the ICC Champions Trophy but also his best vs New Zealand in ODIs.
• Kane Williamson (67 off 54 balls) posted his first 50 in the ICC Champions Trophy -- his sixth in ODIs and his third vs England.
• Cook and Root were involved in a stand of 75 for the third wicket -- England`s highest partnership for any wicket vs New Zealand in the ICC Champions Trophy.
• Williamson and Corey Anderson were associated in a partnership of 73 -- New Zealand`s highest sixth-wicket stand vs England in the ICC Champions Trophy.
• James Anderson (3/32) produced his best bowling performance vs New Zealand in the ICC Champions Trophy.
• Anderson bagged 18 wickets at 23.27 runs apiece in ten games in the ICC Champions Trophy – the most by an England bowler.
• Anderson`s aggregate of eight wickets at 14.12 in three matches is the highest by an England bowler in the present edition of the ICC Champions Trophy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray