2013 ICC Champions Trophy semi-final: India vs Sri Lanka- Statistical Highlights
Cardiff: Statistical highlights of the ICC Champions Trophy semifinal between India and Sri Lanka.
• Suresh Raina became the second Indian fielder to take three catches in an innings in the ICC Champions Trophy. Yuvraj Singh had accomplished the feat vs South Africa at Colombo (RPS) on September 25, 2002.
• With six catches in four games, Raina is the top fielder in the present competition.
• Lasith Malinga`s performance as a bowler vs India is below average - 34 wickets at 42.47 runs apiece in 29 matches while his overall performance in ODIs is reasonably good - 224 wickets at an average of 26.37 in 143 matches.
• With ten wickets at 13.00 runs apiece in four matches, Ravindra Jadeja became the first Indian bowler to bag 10 wickets in an ICC Champions Trophy tournament.
• Virat Kohli`s superb unbeaten 58 off 64 balls is his second fifty in seven matches in the ICC Champions Trophy.
• Kohli`s 8th fifty vs Sri Lanka is his 23rd in ODIs.
• For the first time, India have won five consecutive mtches in the ICC Champions Trophy - by seven wickets vs West Indies at Johannesburg on September 30, 2009 followed by four in succession in the present edition.
• India have won three games by eight wickets each for the first time in an ICC Champions Trophy tournament - one each against West Indies, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
• India have won 14 games in the ICC Champions Trophy (Lost six and No-result three out of 23 contested) - the most by a nation.
• Sri Lanka (181/8) have registered their lowest total vs India in the ICC Champions Trophy.
• Shikhar Dhawan (68 off 92 balls) has posted a match-winning half-century in his first appearance against Sri Lanka in ODIs.
• Dhawan became the first batsman to make 300 runs in the current edition of the ICC Champions Trophy, totalling 332 at an average of 110.66 in four matches, including two centuries and a fifty.
• Dhawan has aggregated 401 in nine ODIs, including two hundreds and two fifties, at an impressive average of 50.12.
• Rohit Sharma and Dhawan is the first opening pair to record four partnerships of 100-plus and two fifty-plus in the ICC Champions Trophy.
• Sharma-Dhawan pair`s outstanding average of 90.75 for the opening wicket while managing 363 in four innings is the best by an opening pair in the ICC Champions Trophy.
• For the first time, Umesh Yadav has delivered two maiden overs in an innings.
• Kumar Sangakkara is the first player to have represented in 300 ODIs as a wicketkeeper.
• Mahendra Singh Dhoni, for the second time in an ODI, has bowled - the first instance being vs West Indies (2-0-14-1) at Johannesburg in the ICC Champions Trophy on September 30, 2009, claiming one wicket - his victim being Travis Dowlin.
• Having managed 10,355 runs (ave.40.76), Sangakkara has become the first wicketkeeper to complete the double of 10,000 runs and 400 dismissals in 300 ODIs. He is one of the three wicketkeepers to complete 400 dismissals(318 catches + 82 stumpings) in ODIs, joining Adam Gilchrist (472) and Mark Boucher (424).
• Angelo Matthews (51 off 89 balls) has recorded his second fifty in the ICC Champions Trophy - his first being 52 off 73 balls vs England at Johannesburg on September 25, 2009.
• Matthews` first half-century as captain is his 14th in ODIs - his third against India.
• Ishant Sharma (3/33) has produced his best bowling figures in six matches in the ICC Champions Trophy.
• Ishant has captured 19 wickets in eleven matches at an average of 25.21 in ODIs in 2013. He has got his third Man of the Match award in ODIs - his second against Sri Lanka.
• Ravichandran Ashwin (3/48) has recorded his best bowling performance in the ICC Champions Trophy.
• Jayawardene and Matthews were associated in a 78-run stand - Sri Lanka`s highest fourth-wicket partnership vs India in the ICC Champions Trophy.