Buttler vows to keep on `scoop shot` against Malinga in CT clash despite `calculated risk` factor
London: England batsman Jos Buttler has said that he will keep playing his unorthodox `scoop shot` in the ICC Champions Trophy fixture against Sri Lanka, despite a probable danger of getting hurt by it.
Buttler`s comment came on the heels of the challenge of Sri Lankan skipper Mahela Jayawardene, who has dared Buttler to play it on Thursday against the in-swinging yorkers of Lasith Malinga and risk the pain.
Buttler, who has made the scoop by walking across his stumps and flicking the ball over his own shoulder, said that he has practiced the shot a lot and will not be afraid to use it if such a situation arises, adding that any shot is harder against reverse swing.
However, not even the original `scooper` in international cricket, Sri Lanka`s Tillekeratne Dilshan plays the stroke against Malinga who is quick and accurate enough to make it a huge risk.
Stating that the shot is a calculated risk, Jayawardene said that although many players have tried the shot, some of them have got hurt by getting hit on the toe or the wrist.
Wishing Buttler luck for playing the shot, Jayawardene however, said that it is a risk using the scoop shot against Malinga.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot