Champions Trophy 2013 to reach 1.5 billion viewers
Dubai: The live broadcast of the ICC Champions Trophy commencing next week will reach as many as 1.5 billion viewers across 180 territories around the globe.
The ICC Champions Trophy 2013 will showcase the world`s top-eight ODI teams which will compete against each other in the two weeks long tournament.
The competition will be held in England and Wales from June 6-23.
"For those people around the world who can`t be in England and Wales in person this June, STAR Sports` distribution efforts have ensured that 1.5 billion people across the globe can view every single ODI of the tournament from the comfort of their own home," ICC Chief Executive David Richardson said.
The live world feed broadcast will feature 16 commentators including Ramiz Raja, Sanjay Manjrekar, Sourav Ganguly, Sunil Gavaskar, Wasim Akram, and Harsha Bhogle among international commentators.
"I`m really looking forward to being part of the Star Sports commentary team for the ICC Champions Trophy for what I`m sure will be top class coverage of the event. It`s great to have the best eight teams in the world here in England and Wales. The atmosphere will be electric," former England skipper Nasser Hussain said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- UP: Govt to distribute free sanitary napkins to all girls in school
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination
- Heatwave toll in Andhra Pradesh reaches 1,490
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE