Champions Trophy: Pakistan vs West Indies – Statistical highlights
London: Statistical highlights of the Champions Trophy cricket match between the West Indies and Pakistan, here on Friday.
• Kamran Akmal became the fourth wicketkeeper after Sri Lanka`s Kumar Sangakkara and Australia`s Adam Gilchrist and Tim Payne to effect five dismissals in an innings in the ICC Champions Trophy.
• Mohammad Irfan (3/32) recorded his second best bowling performance in ODIs, next only to the four for 33 against South Africa at Centurion on March 15, 2013.
• Marlon Samuels (30 off 57 balls) recorded his highest score in the Champions Trophy.
• Kieron Pollard (30 off 58 balls) posted strike rate of 51.72 - his worst in an innings of 25 or more in ODIs. The said knock is his highest against Pakistan in ODIs.
• West Indies, with their exciting two-wicket victory, have emulated their narrowest victory margin in terms of wickets in the Champions Trophy. They had won by two wickets against England at The Oval on September 25, 2004.
• West Indies` win is their third in four games against Pakistan in the ICC Champions Trophy - success % 75.00.
• Dwayne Bravo became the third fielder after Darren Sammy and Brian Lara to take three catches in a match for the West Indies in the Champions Trophy.
• Nasir Jamshed (50 off 93 balls) recorded his first fifty vs West Indies as well as his first fifty on debut in the Champions Trophy - his seventh half-century in ODIs.
• Jamshed has registered strike rate of 53.76 - the worst by Pakistani player in the Champions Trophy (minimum 50).
• Kemar Roach (3/28) recorded his best bowling figures in the Champions Trophy - also his best against Pakistan in ODIs.
• Roach became the fifth bowler after Muttiah Muralitharan, Pedro Collins, Mervyn Dillon and Iftikhar Anjum to deliver four maiden overs in an innings.
• Roach produced a superb economy rate of 2.80 - his best when he has bowled ten overs in an ODI.
• Roach received his third MOM award in ODIs - his first against Pakistan in ODIs.
• Sunil Narine reached his 50 wickets at 21.06 runs apiece in 29 ODIs. Narine (3/34) registered his best bowling figures in ODIs in England.
• Misbah-ul-Haq (96 not out off 127 balls) recorded his ninth fifty as captain - his 24th in Limited-Overs Internationals. The knock is the highest by a Pakistani skipper in a losing cause in the Champions Trophy.
• Misbah-ul-Haq`s innings is his career-best in ODIs, surpassing the 93 not out against New Zealand at Napier on February 1, 2011. The knock is the highest score by a Pakistani player against the West Indies in Champions Trophy.
• Haq has managed 56.47% of runs in Pakistan`s total - the second highest by a Pakistani in ODIs behind Saeed Anwar`s 59.32 (194 out of 327 for five against India at Chennai on May 21, 1997.
• Jamshed and Haq were associated in a fourth-wicket stand of 90 - Pakistan`s highest for any wicket against the West Indies in the ICC Champions Trophy.
• Chris Gayle became the first batsman to amass 700 runs in the Champions Trophy, totalling 734(ave.56.46) in 15 matches, including three hundreds and a fifty.
• Gayle and Marlon Samuels were involved in a stand of 63 - West Indies` highest third-wicket partnership against Pakistan in the Champions Trophy.