Champions Trophy: South Africa vs West Indies – Statistical highlights
Cardiff: Statistical highlights of the Group B match between South Africa and West Indies in the ICC Champions Trophy here.
• South Africa, with a tied game, have qualified for the ICC Champions Trophy semi-finals.
• David Miller (38 off 29 balls) has recorded his highest score in the ICC Champions Trophy. The said innings is his highest vs West Indies in ODIs.
• Miller became the first South African batsman to record three sixes in an innings vs West Indies in the ICC Champions Trophy.
• Colin Ingram (73 off 63 balls) has posted his first fifty in the ICC Champions Trophy. His third fifty in ODIs is his first vs West Indies.
• Ingram is averaging 41.00 in ODIs this year - his aggregate being 451 in 12 innings, including a hundred and three fifties.
• Ingram has received his first Man of the Match award on foreign soil - his third Man of the Match award in ODIs is his first vs West Indies.
• Devon Smith (30 off 28 balls) has posted his highest score in the ICC Champions Trophy.
• Marlon Samuels (48 off 38 balls) has recorded his highest score in the ICC Champions Trophy, outstripping the 30 vs Pakistan at The Oval on June 7, 2013.
• Chris Gayle has become the first batsman to complete 100 fours (101) in the ICC Champions Trophy. His tally of 15 sixes is the second highest behind Sourav Ganguly`s 17.
• Gayle`s performance is mediocre this year in ODIs in 2013 - 106 in six innings at an average of 17.66.
• South Africa`s impressive run-rate of 7.41 while posting 230 for six off 31 overs is their best in the ICC Champions Trophy.
• South Africa had reached 200 off 28.4 overs - a record for the fastest 200 in the ICC Champions Trophy.
• West Indies vs South Africa match is the first tied game in ICC Champions Trophy apart from the first tied game between the two teams in ODIs.
• Colin Ingram and Hashim Amla were involved in a stand of 80 - South Africa`s second highest first-wicket partnership vs West Indies in the ICC Champions Trophy behind the 102 between Herschelle Gibbs and Graeme Smith at The Oval on September 18, 2004.
• De Villiers (512 at 64.00 in 10 matches, including a hundred and four fifties) became the third batsman to manage 500 runs this year in ODIs, joining Ian Bell (602) and Misbah-ul-Haq (526).
• Plessis and Miller have added 68 - South Africa`s highest fifth-wicket partnership vs West Indies in the ICC Champions Trophy.
• Sunil Narine has recorded an economy rate of 6.71 (7-0-47-0) - his worst when he has delivered more than six overs in an innings in ODIs.