Dalmiya congratulates Indian team on Champions Trophy triumph
Kolkata: Congratulating the Indian team on its triumph in the Champions Trophy, the Indian cricket board`s interim chief Jagmohan Dalmiya described the side`s all-win show as an "exceptional performance".
"Firstly, many congratulations to the Indian cricket team for their triumph in this edition of the ICC Champions Trophy. What is more important is that it has been an unbeaten winning run by the Indian team," he said in a statement.
"They won their two warm up games, three group league games, the semi-final and now the final. It has been an exceptional performance by the team and the support staff," Dalmiya said.
India beat England by five runs to win the Champions Trophy at Edgbaston on Sunday.
India were also the joint winners, with Sri Lanka, of the Champions Trophy in 2002.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore