Dalmiya congratulates Indian team on Champions Trophy triumph
Kolkata: Congratulating the Indian team on its triumph in the Champions Trophy, the Indian cricket board`s interim chief Jagmohan Dalmiya described the side`s all-win show as an "exceptional performance".
"Firstly, many congratulations to the Indian cricket team for their triumph in this edition of the ICC Champions Trophy. What is more important is that it has been an unbeaten winning run by the Indian team," he said in a statement.
"They won their two warm up games, three group league games, the semi-final and now the final. It has been an exceptional performance by the team and the support staff," Dalmiya said.
India beat England by five runs to win the Champions Trophy at Edgbaston on Sunday.
India were also the joint winners, with Sri Lanka, of the Champions Trophy in 2002.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis