Dhoni held stakes in Rhiti Sports in past: Owner
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Indian captain MS Dhoni, who has been mired by conflict of interest with regard to him holding shares in a sports management company, is in for some further trouble as his business partner has confirmed Dhoni held stakes in Rhiti Sports in the past.
Arun Pandey, Dhoni’s business partner and onwer of Rhiti Sports, confirmed to a television news channel that MS Dhoni indeed held stakes in the sports management company.
He however added that shares were only transferred for a month and it was for the sole purpose of clearing outstanding bills.
''As on date, MSD holds no shareholding in Rhiti Sports Management (P) Ltd. However, it is made clear that shareholding was allotted to MSD on 22.03.2013 only to secure certain old outstandings which were due for more than one year. Further, the payments were cleared in April 2013 and the shareholding was transferred back to promoter of the company on 26.04.2013," Rhiti Sports chairman Arun Pandey said.
"We at Rhiti Sports Management Pvt Ltd are greatly aggrieved at the widespread media reports regarding alleged conflict of interest of MSD. Though not obligated to but in order to put at rest these widespread speculations, we are issuing the following statement to bring in knowledge the correct factual matrix. "It is made clear that the Management of Rhiti Sports Management (P) Ltd understands its obligations to the field of sport and the country and adheres to the laws of the land," he added.
Rhiti Sports, a sports management company manages Suresh Raina, Ravindra Jadeja and Pragyan Ojha. The company is owned by Arun Pandey, a close friend of MS Dhoni.
Given the fact that the Indian captain has a say in matters of selection a conflict of interest issues arises with him holding a stake in a sports management company.
Earlier, RP Singh denied he is associated with Rhiti Sports.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Panic button issue: Ravi Shankar Prasad to discuss pricing concern with mobile phone makers
- PM Narendra Modi's wax statue unveiled at Madame Tussaud's Museum, London - Watch video
- UNBELIEVABLE: How this man uses his leg as bait to catch anaconda will shock you! - WATCH
- More trouble for Vijay Mallya as India seeks his deportation from UK
- Double blow for Rising Pune Supergiants: After Kevin Pietersen, Faf du Plessis out of IPL 2016