Dhoni`s men practice ahead of semi-final clash against Sri Lanka
Cardiff: The Indian cricket team with a clean record in the preliminary stages of the ongoing ICC Champions Trophy in England had a strenuous session at the nets in Cardiff ahead of Thursday`s semi-final clash against Sri Lanka.
With this practice session yesterday, the in form Indian players are confident of facing the Sri Lankan team. The players were busy in enhancing their skills at Glamorgan County club in Cardiff.
Incidentally, for the first time in the tournament, the Indian team decided to train outdoors, two full days before their semi-final match.
So far in the tournament, the Indian team have undertaken outdoors practice session only a day ahead of their matches.
The players had earlier usually confined themselves in their hotel rooms and remained elusive to fans and the press.
India has defeated South Africa, West Indies and Pakistan in the tournament.
The first semi-final match of the tourney will be played between the Group-A topper, England and South Africa.
Sri Lanka, who finished second in Group-A, will face the reigning World Champions and Group-B toppers, India, in the second semi-final match in Cardiff on Thursday.
The Champions Trophy is the second biggest one-day tournament, played between all the Test playing nations.
Two groups with four teams each participate in a round-robin format in the first round with the top two teams from each group qualifying for the semi-final.
India is placed in group B, along with South Africa, arch-rival Pakistan and the West Indies.
Group A, on the other hand, consists of Australia with England, Sri Lanka and New Zealand.
The final is slated to be played on June 23. By Praful Kumar Singh.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference