ICC Champions Trophy: England vs Australia - Statistical highlights
Birmingham: Statistical highlights of the ICC Champions Trophy`s Group A match between England and Australia here.
• James Faulkner (54 not out off 42 balls) recorded his maiden fifty in ODIs and became the second number eight Australian batsman to register a half-century in the ICC Champions Trophy. Mitchell Johnson had posted an unbeaten 73 off 47 balls vs West Indies at Johannesburg on September 26, 2009.
• With 237 wickets at 29.58 runs apiece in 170 matches, James Anderson is the top England wicket-taker in ODIs, bettering Darren Gough`s tally of 235 at 26.42 in 159 matches.
• Anderson`s three for 30 is his best against Australia in the ICC Champions Trophy. With 36 wickets at an average of 37.27 in 29 matches, he has set an England record against Australia in ODIs, eclipsing Ian Botham`s tally of 35 at 33.48 in 33 matches.
• George Bailey (55 off 69 balls) posted his second fifty as captain in ODIs. Against Sri Lanka, he had made 89 at Melbourne on January 11, 2013.
• Bailey`s fifth fifty in ODIs is his second against England. He has now two fifties in a losing cause in ODIs.
• Mitchell Starc (10-0-75-1) recorded the worst bowling performance in terms of runs conceded for Australia in the ICC Champions Trophy - also his worst in ODIs.
• Ravi Bopara (46 not out off 37 balls) posted his highest score in the ICC Champions Trophy.
• England`s 48-run victory is their second in four matches against Australia in the ICC Champions Trophy - both at Birmingham.
• Australia`s 48-run loss is their largest in terms of runs in the ICC Champions Trophy, surpassing the 44-run defeat to India in Dhaka on October 28, 1998.
• England (269-6) have posted their highest total against Australia in the ICC Champions Trophy, eclipsing the 262 for four at Birmingham on September 21, 2004.
• Ian Bell (91 off 115 balls) registered his highest score in the ICC Champions Trophy, eclipsing the 50 vs West Indies at Ahmedabad on October 28, 2006.
• Bell, with 582 runs at an average of 52.90 in 12 matches, is the top run-getter in ODIs in 2013. His sixth fifty against Australia is his 27th in ODIs.
• Bell`s 91 is his highest score at Edgbaston, surpassing the 79 against India in an ODI on August 27, 2007. His excellent knock is the highest by an England batsman against Australia in the ICC Champions Trophy, bettering the 86 by Michael Vaughan at Birmingham on September 21, 2004.
• Bell has received his first Man of the Match award against Australia - his ninth in ODIs.
• The Cook-Bell pair is the second English pair to complete 1000 runs for the opening wicket in ODIs, totalling 1013 (ave.44.04) in 24 innings, including two century stands and seven 50-plus in 24 innings. Marcus Trescothick and Nick Knight had managed 1567 (ave.36.44) for the first wicket in 43 innings in ODIs, including four century stands and eight fifty-plus.
• Bell and Trott have added 111 - England`s second highest stand for any wicket against Australia in the ICC Champions Trophy, next only to the 140 for the second wicket between Trescothick and Vaughan at Birmingham on September 21, 2004.
• The Trott-Bell pair is the first English pair to post three century stands for the second wicket. With five century partnerships overall in ODIs, they have emulated an English record, held by Nick Knight and Nasser Hussain and Knight and Trescothick.
• Jonathan Trott has totalled 563 (ave.56.30) in 12 innings, including two hundreds and three fifties against Australia. His average is the highest by any batsman against Australia in ODIs (minimum 500).
• Shane Watson`s wicket has been captured by Tim Bresnan five times - the most times by an English bowler. Only Lasith Malinga has claimed Watson`s wicket most times (six) in ODIs.
• Faulkner and Clint McKay were involved in a stand of 31 (unbroken) - Australia`s highest 10th-wicket partnership in the ICC Champions Trophy.
• The stand is the highest 10th-wicket partnership by any pair vs England in the ICC Champions Trophy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!