ICC Champions Trophy: Sri Lanka vs New Zealand – Statistical highlights
Cardiff: Statistical highlights of the Group A Champions Trophy match between New Zealand and Sri Lanka here.
• Nathan McCullum (32 off 42 balls) has posted his highest score in ODIs in England. With 2/23, he deservingly got his first Man of the Match award in ODIs.
• Five lbws in an innings (New Zealand) and six in the match is a record in the ICC Champions Trophy.
• Lasith Malinga (4/34) has recorded his best bowling performance in the ICC Champions Trophy, surpassing the four for 53 vs South Africa at Ahmedabad on October 24, 2006.
• Kyle Mills (2/14) has recorded his best bowling figures in ODIs in England, taking his wickets` tally to 24 wickets at 18.08 runs apiece in 13 games, extending his record for the highest wicket-aggregate by a New Zealand bowler in the ICC Champions Trophy.
• New Zealand have won two games out of four contested against Sri Lanka in the ICC Champions Trophy. They had defeated Sri Lanka by 38 runs at Johannesburg on September 27, 2009.
• New Zealand have improved their success percentage (63.15) in the ICC Champions Trophy - won 12 and lost seven out of 19 played.
• New Zealand have recorded the first instance of a win by one wicket in the ICC Champions Trophy.
• Overall, New Zealand have won seven matches by one-wicket margin in ODIs. Against Sri Lanka, they have won by one wicket for the second time - their first was at Queenstown on December 31, 2006.
• After beating Sri Lanka by 38 runs at Johannesburg on September 27, 2009, New Zealand have won their first match against Sri Lanka in ODIs.
• Sri Lanka (138) have posted their second lowest total in the ICC Champions Trophy. They had registered 132 vs South Africa at Dhaka on October 30, 1998.
• Kusal Perera has become the third player after Sanath Jayasuriya and Shane Watson to be got out off the first ball of the match in the ICC Champions Trophy. Perera has posted his first duck in ODIs.
• Mahela Jayawardene`s performance is below average in 2013 in ODIs - 52 runs (ave 13.00) in five innings. He has completed his 1000 runs against New Zealand in ODIs, totalling 1001 at an average of 32.29 in 39 matches.
• Kumar Sangakkara (68 off 87 balls) became the first Sri Lankan batsman to record 75 fifties in ODIs. The said innings is his fourth half-century in the ICC Champions Trophy.
• Sangakkara, in the course of his above knock, has completed his 1000 runs against New Zealand in ODIs, aggregating 1058 at an average of 34.12 in 36 matches.
• Mitchell McClenaghan (four for 43) has recorded his third instance of four wickets in an innings. The said performance is the best by a New Zealander against Sri Lanka in the ICC Champions Trophy.
• Ross Taylor has registered his first duck in the ICC Champions Trophy. His fourth duck against Sri Lanka is his seventh in ODIs.
• Brendon McCullum (18 off 49 balls) has recorded strike rate of 36.73 - his worst in an innings in ODIs (minimum 15 runs).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145