Indian cricket's reputation not affected by spot-fixing scandal: Dhoni
Zee Media Bureau
Birmingham: Addressing a press conference in Birmingham ahead of the Champions Trophy, Indian captain MS Dhoni again decided to evade questions on the spot-fixing scandal.
However, when an indirect question related to spot-fixing was thrown at him he said that “I have not answered the Indian media about this issue there is no reason why I will answer you.’’
The Indian captain though assured everybody that he will answer all questions when the right time comes. He also said that Indian cricket's reputation has not been affected by the spot-fixing scandal.
He also said that some people are mentally weaker than others and all cricketers should not be judged by the same yardstick.
Answering questions related to the Champions Trophy, Dhoni said that there is a point to prove in every tournament. He refused to blame the IPL for India's poor performance in series played immediately after the conclusion of the IPL.
He said that Bhuvneshwar Kumar, with his ability to swing the ball, would prove to be an asset to the team. He also expressed satisfaction with the kind of form that their openers were in.
The Indian skipper added that Rohit Sharma would be used as a back-up opener. He said that the practise matches would help them to get used to the conditions. He also said that Ravindra Jadeja would play a key role in the team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu