Indian cricket's reputation not affected by spot-fixing scandal: Dhoni
Zee Media Bureau
Birmingham: Addressing a press conference in Birmingham ahead of the Champions Trophy, Indian captain MS Dhoni again decided to evade questions on the spot-fixing scandal.
However, when an indirect question related to spot-fixing was thrown at him he said that “I have not answered the Indian media about this issue there is no reason why I will answer you.’’
The Indian captain though assured everybody that he will answer all questions when the right time comes. He also said that Indian cricket's reputation has not been affected by the spot-fixing scandal.
He also said that some people are mentally weaker than others and all cricketers should not be judged by the same yardstick.
Answering questions related to the Champions Trophy, Dhoni said that there is a point to prove in every tournament. He refused to blame the IPL for India's poor performance in series played immediately after the conclusion of the IPL.
He said that Bhuvneshwar Kumar, with his ability to swing the ball, would prove to be an asset to the team. He also expressed satisfaction with the kind of form that their openers were in.
The Indian skipper added that Rohit Sharma would be used as a back-up opener. He said that the practise matches would help them to get used to the conditions. He also said that Ravindra Jadeja would play a key role in the team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state