Indian cricket's reputation not affected by spot-fixing scandal: Dhoni
Zee Media Bureau
Birmingham: Addressing a press conference in Birmingham ahead of the Champions Trophy, Indian captain MS Dhoni again decided to evade questions on the spot-fixing scandal.
However, when an indirect question related to spot-fixing was thrown at him he said that “I have not answered the Indian media about this issue there is no reason why I will answer you.’’
The Indian captain though assured everybody that he will answer all questions when the right time comes. He also said that Indian cricket's reputation has not been affected by the spot-fixing scandal.
He also said that some people are mentally weaker than others and all cricketers should not be judged by the same yardstick.
Answering questions related to the Champions Trophy, Dhoni said that there is a point to prove in every tournament. He refused to blame the IPL for India's poor performance in series played immediately after the conclusion of the IPL.
He said that Bhuvneshwar Kumar, with his ability to swing the ball, would prove to be an asset to the team. He also expressed satisfaction with the kind of form that their openers were in.
The Indian skipper added that Rohit Sharma would be used as a back-up opener. He said that the practise matches would help them to get used to the conditions. He also said that Ravindra Jadeja would play a key role in the team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Woman set ablaze in UP, Akhilesh orders magisterial probe
- Waterlogging, traffic jams in Delhi after rains
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi