Indian squad for Champions Trophy departs
Mumbai: The 15-member Indian squad for the ICC Champions Trophy commencing on June 6 left here today for London via Dubai.
The 15-member team led by Mahendra Singh Dhoni is scheduled to reach England later today.
Dhoni, who was gagged by the Cricket Board (BCCI) from answering any questions over the raging spot-fixing and betting scandal at the pre-departure news conference yesterday, is scheduled to address the world media tomorrow.
Two warm-up games have been scheduled for the squad on June 1 and 4 ahead of the Champions Trophy opener against South Africa on June 6 at Cardiff, Wales.
The squad: Mahendra Singh Dhoni (Captain), Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli, Suresh Raina, Dinesh Karthik, Murali Vijay, Rohit Sharma, Ravindra Jadeja, Ravichandran Ashwin, Irfan Pathan, Umesh Yadav, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Ishant Sharma, Amit Mishra and R Vinay Kumar.
Coach: Duncan Fletcher
Manager: Ranjib Biswal.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living