Indian team to depart for Champions Trophy on May 29
Mumbai: The Indian cricket team will depart for England and Wales from here May 29 to participate in the ICC Champions Trophy to be held June 6-23.
This will be the seventh and final Champions Trophy as it is due to be replaced by the ICC World Test Championship in 2017.
India are placed in Group B along with South Africa, West Indies and arch-rivals Pakistan.
India open the tournament when they take on South Africa June 6 and then will go on to play the West Indies (June 11) and Pakistan (June 15).
The top two teams will qualify for the semifinals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender