Misbah calls for need to make changes in Pak team for Windies tour
Islamabad: Pakistan national team captain Misbah-ul Haq has said that there is a need to make changes in the current squad for the upcoming series against West Indies in July.
Pakistan had a disappointing ICC Champions Trophy campaign, losing all three of their group games, for which Misbah and his team came into the firing line, along with coach Dav Whatmore.
However, Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is expected to retain the same management for the series against West Indies, where they play five one day internationals (ODI) and two Twenty20 internationals.
Stating that a player should not get complacent about his place in the team if he does not perform upto expectations, Misbah, who has yet not returned from London, said that he would be actively deliberating the selection of the squad for the upcoming tours of West Indies and Zimbabwe .
However, the Pakistani skipper said that he is confident that his team can do well despite the hammering they received in England, adding that they are capable of beating any team in the world if they manage to overcome their long-standing problem of consistency.
Dismissing speculations that he and some other players have remained behind in London to avoid the anger of disappointed fans, Misbah further said that the team had prior permission from the PCB to remain in London after the end of the Champions Trophy, and insisted that the players had planned their vacations before the start of the tournament.
The selectors have assembled in Lahore to select the final squad for the West Indies tour. Flamboyant all-rounder Shahid Afridi and other players turned up for fitness tests at the National Cricket Academy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read