Oz Ashes hopes hit further with Clarke rule out of CT game against Kiwis
London: Australia`s Ashes preparations have come under threat after captain Michael Clarke looks set to miss the entire ICC Champions Trophy tournament after being ruled out of the game against New Zealand on Wednesday.
Due to his long-standing back injury , Clarke also remains a major doubt for Australia`s final group match against Sri Lanka.
Although Clarke holds the key to Australia`s Ashes challenge this summer as their stand out batsman and talismanic leader, but he may well end up playing with pain killing injections to get him through.
According to team physiotherapist Alex Kountouris, Clarke is continuing to have intensive treatment in London, and while he is making good progress, he has not improved sufficiently enough to play the game against New Zealand.
Kountouris added that the medical staff would continue to monitor Clarke`s progress and determine his availability for next week`s final group game against Sri Lanka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das