Oz Ashes hopes hit further with Clarke rule out of CT game against Kiwis
London: Australia`s Ashes preparations have come under threat after captain Michael Clarke looks set to miss the entire ICC Champions Trophy tournament after being ruled out of the game against New Zealand on Wednesday.
Due to his long-standing back injury , Clarke also remains a major doubt for Australia`s final group match against Sri Lanka.
Although Clarke holds the key to Australia`s Ashes challenge this summer as their stand out batsman and talismanic leader, but he may well end up playing with pain killing injections to get him through.
According to team physiotherapist Alex Kountouris, Clarke is continuing to have intensive treatment in London, and while he is making good progress, he has not improved sufficiently enough to play the game against New Zealand.
Kountouris added that the medical staff would continue to monitor Clarke`s progress and determine his availability for next week`s final group game against Sri Lanka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Watch videos: Varun Dhawan's terrific dance moves for 'Dishoom' promotions in Nagpur!
- China says has stopped communication mechanism with Taiwan
- Sultry morning in city
- European leaders to discuss EU future after Brexit shock
- Robert Vadra calls Subramanian Swamy `attention seeking`, `deplorable and classist` over 'waiter' remark