Ramiz Raja urges Pak against `drastic` team changes despite flop CT show
Islamabad: Former Pakistan Test captain Ramiz Raja has urged the Pakistan cricket authorities not to make any drastic changes in the national team after their flop show in the ICC Champions Trophy.
Stating that there is no need to bring in young blood to replace the under-performing senior batsmen, Raja, who has distinguished himself as a TV commentator after quitting international cricket in the 1990s, said that changing the complexion of the team altogether would prove counter-productive.
According to Raja, the Pakistan team could not live up to their expectations in the ongoing Champions Trophy probably because they could not handle the `overwhelming pressure` to succeed.
However, the former cricketer said that the players showing good skills in domestic cricket should gradually be given chance to prove their credentials at the international level.
Pakistan lost all three matches of the preliminary round to bow out of the last edition of the biennial tournament, which will reach its conclusion on Sunday with the final in England between World Cup title holders India and hosts England.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'