Ravindra Jadeja wins golden ball, man of the match
Birmingham: All-rounder Ravindra Jadeja was declared the man of the match of the ICC Champions Trophy final against England and was also given the ‘golden ball’ for picking the most number of wickets, 12, in the tournament.
The left-handed batsman scored an unbeaten 33 off 25 balls, which included two boundaries and sixes each, led India to post a decent target of 130 from 20 overs. With the ball, the spinner took 2/24 from his four overs.
“I did well throughout the tournament and I was very positive. It was quite difficult to rotate the strike, so I and Virat (Kohli) just tried to build a good partnership. I was enjoying bowling on this wicket. My skipper always backs me when I bowl,” said Jadeja at the presentation ceremony.
India beat England by five runs in the final here at Edgbaston after scoring 129/7 in their 20 overs after rain delayed the start of the match.
India were also the joint winners, with Sri Lanka, of the 2002 Champions Trophy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir