Sri Lankans will target Indian bowling: Jayasuriya
Cardiff: Former captain Sanath Jayasuriya said Sri Lanka will target the Indian bowlers during the Champions Trophy semifinal slated for Thursday at the Sophia Gardens here.
"Their (India) bowling isn`t the best, so we need to have a very good plan. The goal was to make the semifinals. Anything can happen now," Jayasuriya said.
Jayasuriya, who led Sri Lanka when it shared the Champions Trophy with India in 2002, said Sri Lanka is peaking at the right time.
Sri Lanka lost to New Zealand in their opening match but came back strongly and made the semifinals with wins over England and Australia.
"I think the side is really coming up. The batting and the bowling unit has been doing really well for the last two years. I`m happy the way things are going," Jayasuriya said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia