Sri Lankans will target Indian bowling: Jayasuriya
Cardiff: Former captain Sanath Jayasuriya said Sri Lanka will target the Indian bowlers during the Champions Trophy semifinal slated for Thursday at the Sophia Gardens here.
"Their (India) bowling isn`t the best, so we need to have a very good plan. The goal was to make the semifinals. Anything can happen now," Jayasuriya said.
Jayasuriya, who led Sri Lanka when it shared the Champions Trophy with India in 2002, said Sri Lanka is peaking at the right time.
Sri Lanka lost to New Zealand in their opening match but came back strongly and made the semifinals with wins over England and Australia.
"I think the side is really coming up. The batting and the bowling unit has been doing really well for the last two years. I`m happy the way things are going," Jayasuriya said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi