Sri Lankans will target Indian bowling: Jayasuriya
Cardiff: Former captain Sanath Jayasuriya said Sri Lanka will target the Indian bowlers during the Champions Trophy semifinal slated for Thursday at the Sophia Gardens here.
"Their (India) bowling isn`t the best, so we need to have a very good plan. The goal was to make the semifinals. Anything can happen now," Jayasuriya said.
Jayasuriya, who led Sri Lanka when it shared the Champions Trophy with India in 2002, said Sri Lanka is peaking at the right time.
Sri Lanka lost to New Zealand in their opening match but came back strongly and made the semifinals with wins over England and Australia.
"I think the side is really coming up. The batting and the bowling unit has been doing really well for the last two years. I`m happy the way things are going," Jayasuriya said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter