There won`t be time to relax in Champions Trophy: Misbah
Birmingham: Pakistan skipper Misbah-ul-Haq on Tuesday said there won`t be time to relax for any team in the upcoming Champions Trophy and none of the side can be labelled as favourite.
Pakistan along with India, South Africa and the West Indies will feature in group B in the eight-team competition
"This is a tournament the top eight teams are playing, so no team is an easy team here. You have to take every game as a tough game. Top eight teams, you never know who`s going to beat who. So you need to be 100 percent all the time. You can`t relax in this sort of tournament," Misbah said at the press conference.
Misbah faced the inevitable question of the India-Pakistan clash on June 15 and the Pakistan skipper said it was important for them to do well in the two games before the high-voltage contest.
"Every game is important. Coming into this tournament, I think the first two games are more so important for us because the last game, you may know if you are in or out of the tournament.”
"Obviously playing against India is always important because of the interest of people back there in India and Pakistan, all over the world I think, huge fan club for these two teams, so it`s really important for us to play well in that game and just win," he said.
"For both teams I think it`s very important, but I think every game is important here in this tournament," he added.
Since Pakistan planned a few games in Scotland and Ireland before the tournament, Misbah said his side was mentally prepared for the tough conditions where the ball would move and seam heavily.
"The ball was really moving in the air. So everybody has suggested that, and they`re ready to just face those sort of conditions. I think in England especially it will be better than Ireland, so I think mentally everybody is ready and now getting ready for this tournament," he said.
Misbah hoped spinner Saeed Ajmal would come up with top performance on the big stage.
"He`s always special for us. Everybody knows that he`s at the moment one of the best spinners in the world. He always has something special to offer to this world and to this team. I hope so. These kinds of bowlers, these kind of players always love these sort of occasions, big events, and I`m really hoping that he`s going to -- I hope that he`s going to perform well," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India