Trott hopes for CT final to `successfully` boost remaining season
Johannesburg: England batsman Jonathan Trott has said that he hoped that England`s ICC Champions Trophy final against India will be a boost for the remainder of a successful season.
Trott, third in the list of the tournament`s leading run-scorers with his 209 runs behind only that of India`s Shikhar Dhawan (332) and Sri Lanka`s Kumar Sangakkara (222), will be looking to help England win their first major one-day international title this weekend.
England has been trying for nearly 40 years and 16 previous tournaments to be lucky and success on Sunday could act as a springboard for their defence of the Ashes starting next month.
Stating that victory over India in the final will be an ideal start to their season, Trott said that he believed that the team is improving and hoped to have a great season, which still has a lot of cricket left.
According to Trott, the Champions Trophy has been very satisfactory for England, especially after coming back from a loss against Sri Lanka, adding that the high of beating Australia, coupled with wins in the crucial games against New Zealand and Sri Lanka has made the team more confident about their chances.
Stating that representing England is a great honour, Trott further said that he and his teammates are looking to seize the opportunity as such chances do not come very often.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’