Trott hopes for CT final to `successfully` boost remaining season
Johannesburg: England batsman Jonathan Trott has said that he hoped that England`s ICC Champions Trophy final against India will be a boost for the remainder of a successful season.
Trott, third in the list of the tournament`s leading run-scorers with his 209 runs behind only that of India`s Shikhar Dhawan (332) and Sri Lanka`s Kumar Sangakkara (222), will be looking to help England win their first major one-day international title this weekend.
England has been trying for nearly 40 years and 16 previous tournaments to be lucky and success on Sunday could act as a springboard for their defence of the Ashes starting next month.
Stating that victory over India in the final will be an ideal start to their season, Trott said that he believed that the team is improving and hoped to have a great season, which still has a lot of cricket left.
According to Trott, the Champions Trophy has been very satisfactory for England, especially after coming back from a loss against Sri Lanka, adding that the high of beating Australia, coupled with wins in the crucial games against New Zealand and Sri Lanka has made the team more confident about their chances.
Stating that representing England is a great honour, Trott further said that he and his teammates are looking to seize the opportunity as such chances do not come very often.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth