We are a bit devastated: Alastair Cook
Birmingham: England captain Alastair Cook said that they were devastated after losing the ICC Champions Trophy final to India by five runs at Edgbaston here Sunday.
After being put into bat, India made 129/7 off 20 overs after rain delayed the start of the match. In reply, the hosts could only manage 124/8.
“With 20-odd needed off 16 balls it was in our hands. There have been a lot of good performances, but at the moment we are a bit devastated,” said Cook at the presentation ceremony.
“We`ve come up a little short. I thought we bowled well, you`d take 130. It`s tough to take at the moment. I think both sides found the pitch quite hard to bat on. You are always going to think of different reasons. I`m proud of the way the players have performed in this tournament,” added the left handed batsman.
England had previously reached the final of the 2004 Champions Trophy when they lost to the West Indies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre