ICC expresses helplessness in helping Pak restore international cricket
Abu Dhabi: The International Cricket Council (ICC) chief executive Dave Richardson has said the governing body can’t do anything to help Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) restore international cricket in the country.
Richardson said playing in Pakistan is the decision of different countries’ cricket boards and the PCN needs to convince them.
The PCB officials have been constantly knocking on the doors of the ICC to urge the nations to play in their country, and in almost every ICC meeting, they have raised the issue of the resumption of international cricket in Pakistan, but it remains an unresolved matter.
Richardson said security is not something that is taken lightly by anybody, and making a decision as to whether it’s safe or not involves a serious assessment of the risk, and it’s up to the member countries to decide.”
The PCB had expected support from Asian countries to play there, and despite archrivals India hosting Pakistan for a one-day series recently, they say they are not ready to play in Pakistan.
When Asian Cricket Council chief executive Ashraful Haq was asked whether his organisation would be able to help Pakistan in reviving international there, he said they can’t do anything to revive international cricket in Pakistan and this has to be done by the ICC.
Though the ICC is exploring ways to help Pakistan, Richardson is unable to give an exact timescale in which top cricket could return to Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune