ICC expresses helplessness in helping Pak restore international cricket
Abu Dhabi: The International Cricket Council (ICC) chief executive Dave Richardson has said the governing body can’t do anything to help Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) restore international cricket in the country.
Richardson said playing in Pakistan is the decision of different countries’ cricket boards and the PCN needs to convince them.
The PCB officials have been constantly knocking on the doors of the ICC to urge the nations to play in their country, and in almost every ICC meeting, they have raised the issue of the resumption of international cricket in Pakistan, but it remains an unresolved matter.
Richardson said security is not something that is taken lightly by anybody, and making a decision as to whether it’s safe or not involves a serious assessment of the risk, and it’s up to the member countries to decide.”
The PCB had expected support from Asian countries to play there, and despite archrivals India hosting Pakistan for a one-day series recently, they say they are not ready to play in Pakistan.
When Asian Cricket Council chief executive Ashraful Haq was asked whether his organisation would be able to help Pakistan in reviving international there, he said they can’t do anything to revive international cricket in Pakistan and this has to be done by the ICC.
Though the ICC is exploring ways to help Pakistan, Richardson is unable to give an exact timescale in which top cricket could return to Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic
- Will women be allowed to enter Haji Ali shrine? Bombay HC verdict today
- Check out the posters of Sunny Leone’s ‘Beiimaan Love’
- Central team to visit Kashmir to look into infiltration today