ICC puts stamp of approval on new PCB constitution
Islamabad: The International Cricket Council (ICC) has approved the new constitution of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), which was drafted jointly by the board and the government.
As a consequence of the new constitution, PCB will now become independent of government intervention and turn into a democratic institution whose chairman will not be appointed but elected by its governing board.
This came after the ICC had given a deadline to all cricketing boards to democratize their constitutions to ensure that they become independent of government interference.
Praising the new constitution, ICC president Alan Isaac had said that he is impressed by the efforts of PCB chairman Mohammad Zaka Ashraf, the entire board and the government for producing a constitution which makes the process of electing its chairman more democratic.
According to Isaac, the new constitution also reduces the risk of inappropriate government interference in line with ICC`s constitutional provisions.
Among the three Asian nations of India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka, whom ICC directed to amend its constitution, Pakistan has become the first to comply with ICC`s deadline of June 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Fresh FIR against Radhe Maa on complaint by Dolly Bindra
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?