ICC refuses to act on PCB complaint against Sutherland
Karachi: The ICC has refused to act on a PCB complaint against Cricket Australia CEO James Sutherland for stating that Pakistan was not doing enough to curb corruption in cricket, saying that it was matter between the two boards.
Last week, a PCB official said it was still waiting for a reply from the ICC on the letter it had sent to them asking them to inquire into the statement made by Sutherland recently.
But sources said the ICC had, on April 27, sent a letter to PCB Chairman, Ejaz Butt informing him the ICC could not interfere in the matter.
"The ICC, in its reply, has said that this is a matter between the Pakistan and Australian cricket boards," a source said.
"It has advised the PCB to take up their grievances directly with Cricket Australia," he added.
Sutherland, in a recent interview, said that he didn`t believe that the PCB had done enough to implement the recommendations of the Justice Malik Qayyum report into match-fixing that was given in 2000.
Sutherland said if the PCB had done enough, the spot-fixing scandal involving Salman Butt, Muhammad Asif and Muhammad Aamir could have been avoided.
The source said the ICC had told the PCB it could not become a party in this case as it was an issue that needed to be dealt with by the two boards.
The source said the PCB was now likely to take up the matter directly from cricket Australia and ask for a response from them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- Delhi LG cancelled AAP govt order on compensation by discoms: Arvind Kejriwal
- Bihar flood toll reaches 156, twins born on boat
- Hinduism all about love, faith and intimacy with all: RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat
- Who are you? Watch dog's reaction seeing himself on mirror – Very Funny
- Mother Teresa's canonisation portends more conversions: VHP