ICC refuses to act on PCB complaint against Sutherland
Karachi: The ICC has refused to act on a PCB complaint against Cricket Australia CEO James Sutherland for stating that Pakistan was not doing enough to curb corruption in cricket, saying that it was matter between the two boards.
Last week, a PCB official said it was still waiting for a reply from the ICC on the letter it had sent to them asking them to inquire into the statement made by Sutherland recently.
But sources said the ICC had, on April 27, sent a letter to PCB Chairman, Ejaz Butt informing him the ICC could not interfere in the matter.
"The ICC, in its reply, has said that this is a matter between the Pakistan and Australian cricket boards," a source said.
"It has advised the PCB to take up their grievances directly with Cricket Australia," he added.
Sutherland, in a recent interview, said that he didn`t believe that the PCB had done enough to implement the recommendations of the Justice Malik Qayyum report into match-fixing that was given in 2000.
Sutherland said if the PCB had done enough, the spot-fixing scandal involving Salman Butt, Muhammad Asif and Muhammad Aamir could have been avoided.
The source said the ICC had told the PCB it could not become a party in this case as it was an issue that needed to be dealt with by the two boards.
The source said the PCB was now likely to take up the matter directly from cricket Australia and ask for a response from them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you