ICC rejects PCB`s DRS reservations during SA series
Karachi: The ICC has rejected the Pakistan Cricket Board`s reservations about some umpiring decisions and the way the Decision Review System was used in the team`s Test series in South Africa.
According to sources in the board, the ICC has put down the umpiring blunders to human errors and mistakes and nothing more.
"The ICC has said that none of the umpiring mistakes were intentional and were part of the game. It has also said the UDRS system is working well and producing productive results," one source said.
The PCB had, on the request of its team management in South Africa after the first Test in Johannesburg, written to the ICC raising concerns over some of the decisions and the performance of umpire Steve Davis.
The PCB had also expressed reservations over the effectiveness of the hot spot technology used by umpires in the DRS system.
"The ICC has now sent its reply to the PCB and said that none of the umpiring errors were intentional and were just human errors," the source stated.
"The ICC also said the technology used in the DRS had helped reduce the number of umpiring mistakes and the correct umpiring decisions percentage had risen from 92 to 96 percent," he added.
He said in case of Davis, the ICC had reminded the PCB that it had a proper system in place to assess the performance of an umpire.
"The ICC has said that umpires whose performance was under review were given only one year contracts and if they didn`t improve they were released from the panel," he said.
The PCB had asked the ICC to not post Davis in the remaining two Tests of the series that South Africa won by 3-0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you