ICC rejects Sachin Tendulkar’s ODI revamp idea
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Sachin Tendulkar’s proposal to the ICC on revamping the current 50-over format was rejected by cricket’s world body on Wednesday.
Responding to Sachin’s proposal, Lorgat told a national newspaper: “I was engaged with Sachin a long time back on his thinking on the 50 over format. I met with him during the World Cup. He gave me a written proposal which we took to the Cricket Committee in May. The Cricket Committee considered that proposal.”
“But the view of the Committee, which was supported by the Board, was that the 50 over format was in sound health and there was no need for dramatic changes to it at this stage. You are well aware of the two new innovations introduced. And that is what was felt was sufficient at this stage,” he added.
Tendulkar, the world`s highest run-getter in both Tests and ODIs, had written a letter to ICC Chief Executive Haroon Lorgat asking for "a radical switch" from 50-50 to four 25-over innings.
He argued that four alternate innings of 25 overs for each side in an international would be the fairest way of balancing the advantages gained by the team that won the toss when pitch and weather conditions mean that a match can virtually be decided by the spin of a coin.
Tendulkar`s letter also proposed changes in voluntary Powerplays.
In each 25-over block, Tendulkar suggests only two Powerplays at the behest of the batting side but suggested that up to four bowlers should be allowed up to 12 overs each, rather than the present limit of 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news