ICC`s Pak Task Team recommends resumption of Indo-Pak series
Karachi: The ICC`s Pakistan Task Team (PTT) has recommended the resumption of Indo-Pak bilateral cricket ties and overhaul in the PCB`s administrative set-up and selection policy.
The PTT, which presented its 38-page report during the annual conference of the game`s governing body in Hong Kong last week, urged the governments of both sides to restore this iconic series as soon as possible, even if on neutral soil.
The report said that the absence of Indo-Pak cricket is hurting the sport.
"The absence of the traditional bilateral series between Pakistan and India from the international cricket calendar is denying millions of cricket loving fans across the world from enjoying an iconic series," the report said.
"It is also hurting the sport, particularly in Pakistan and the PTT sees no reason why this great sporting rivalry should not be restored as soon as possible, even if on neutral soil," it added.
The arch-rivals have not played in a bilateral series since Pakistan toured India in 2007. The relations between the two neighbours strained after the Mumbai terrorist attack in November 2008, resulting in India declining to tour Pakistan.
As per the ICC`s Future Tours Programme, Pakistan are scheduled to tour India for three Tests and five ODIs in March-April next year.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed