ICC`s Pak Task Team recommends resumption of Indo-Pak series
Karachi: The ICC`s Pakistan Task Team (PTT) has recommended the resumption of Indo-Pak bilateral cricket ties and overhaul in the PCB`s administrative set-up and selection policy.
The PTT, which presented its 38-page report during the annual conference of the game`s governing body in Hong Kong last week, urged the governments of both sides to restore this iconic series as soon as possible, even if on neutral soil.
The report said that the absence of Indo-Pak cricket is hurting the sport.
"The absence of the traditional bilateral series between Pakistan and India from the international cricket calendar is denying millions of cricket loving fans across the world from enjoying an iconic series," the report said.
"It is also hurting the sport, particularly in Pakistan and the PTT sees no reason why this great sporting rivalry should not be restored as soon as possible, even if on neutral soil," it added.
The arch-rivals have not played in a bilateral series since Pakistan toured India in 2007. The relations between the two neighbours strained after the Mumbai terrorist attack in November 2008, resulting in India declining to tour Pakistan.
As per the ICC`s Future Tours Programme, Pakistan are scheduled to tour India for three Tests and five ODIs in March-April next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan